Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Little Red Book Goes Public

What a charming surprise to find The Little Red Book Teaching ESL in China registered at the Vancouver Island Regional Library.

"Frank, have a look. We made it into the library system," I said.

He came over to where I was sitting and gave me a hug.

"Oh, wow. Our book is in the system."

I had been searching for my next good read from the online library site and recalled I had spoken to the librarian about having our book placed in their system. She explained that the head librarian would accept a copy of the book and his decision would determine its placement. Several months later, I saw our Little Red Book sitting on the desk of another librarian and I whispered to him that The Little Red Book was written by Frank and I and we are locals. He smiled and nodded but did not indicate whether or not the book would be placed in their registry.

Sitting at my laptop with the window open to the VIRL screen, I took the chance and typed in the title of our publication. Voila!

Victoria, BC : Trafford, c2008.
Additional Author or Narrator: 
Black, Frank.
ISBN: 
9781425159153
142515915X
Description: 
103 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
No. of Copies Checked In: 
1
Current No. of Requests: 
0
Total Copies Owned by VIRL: 
1




We are sharing our excitement with you to express our belief in the theory by Dr. Seuss, "Fun is good". We had fun creating the stories for the book, developing the artwork inside the book, working with a brilliant artist in creating the cover, and going through the self-publishing process.

If you are a member of the Vancouver Island Regional Library or any other, you can request the book by searching by its name or by Black, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment